Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Any Point Whatsoever...

Got nothing to say specifically, so I will ramble on about all kinds of subjects...

Cleaning Frenzy
This weekend was my first weekend at home alone without working since the beginning of December...and oh yeah, the last until April!!! So, I decided today that cleaning should be my first priority. No, I haven't gotten rid of all of the boxes (that is truly asking too much). But I vacuumed, mopped, did dishes (yes, I washed the knives with a sponge as to not cut off the tip of my finger again!), put away Christmas, etc, etc. I didn't stop for like 5-6 hours. And we all know how much I loved cleaning! But it had to be done and it does feel good to have everything sparkling clean!

Football
I actually watched both NFL games today. I have started watching, but haven't made it a point to watch. Today was a good day to do so. Chicago blew New Orleans out of the water. As much as I never was a big Bears fan, I think growing up with the Bears playing on the TV every weekend kind of had an effect. NO is a great story this season, it really is. And if you read my blog on how important the Saints are to NO these days, you know, that I think that it is amazing that they have done so well. But at the end of the day, I was rooting for da' bears! Its in my blood I guess...

The Colts-Patriots game was amazing. It lived up to its hype. The 2nd half was just pure offense...one score followed by the next. All knowing that it woud come down to the last minute of the game. Brady throwing an interception to end the game...is that the passing of the torch? Nah...that's putting too much into one play! Now, two African-American coaches are going to the Super Bowl...never before. Peyton has finally made his way to the big game...a Midwest battle...can't they play it in Chicago just for fun? It only seems fitting...not Florida...wrong answer!

New Car
Yesterday I finally started the car search. My Subaru needs too many repairs, so it is time to trade her in. To SUV or not to SUV...that is the question. I have test driven the new CRV. The salesman actually asked me what I didn't like about the car. Are there really that many things that you cannot like about a brand new car? Yeah, no! I need to test drive a new Subaru Legacy. Those are really the only two cars that I am looking at. If you have any other suggestions that are not American (love you, Sara, but you know my leanings)...let me know. I am hoping to buy soon just because I don't exactly have a lot of time between now and April!

Fargo
I watched Fargo today...definitely a weird movie. Not bad, just odd. It is a Cohn brothers film...to be expected. But I loved the Minnesota accents...really did. I just got a kick out of it every time they talked...funny that this is what really stuck with me from the movie!

Obama
I have blogged in the past that I didn't think that Obama should run in the upcoming election. I still stand by that opinion. I really don't think America is ready to elect an African-American president. I hate saying that...I really do because I think he has a lot of promise as a politician. Let's just say, he is the first politician in a long time that I actually think might have a moral, ethical bone in his body. He gives me just a glimmering of hope that I have never had about our political system. A year and a half is a long time and a lot of change can happen before we elect our next president, but unfortunately, racism will still be around...

BCS v. Playoff
Another aspect of America that won't change...this debate! Also, the BCS won't be changing drastically in the near future either...give it up playoff fans...not gonna happen! I just had this debate on Friday with Zimri, so I can't do it again here, but NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Anything else to ramble on about...not that I can think of... Oh, actually, I have been catching up on my celebrity magazine reading this weekend...if I hear one more word about how Brad and Angelina want to expand their family, but don't feel the need to get married or that they visited Falling Water for Brad's b-day, or that Angie is willing to meet Jen if she wanted to...on and on and on...oh my!...wow...I think I had gotten away from the gossip world and now it seems a little annoying...clearly, I need to start reading more regularly, so it doesn't get annoying again. My reputation would be ruined if this info got out...haha...blogging helps keep it a secret!

No comments: