Today a co-worker was walking down the hall, passing a conference room where I was in an all-day meeting. She knew I was in the room, not from a calendar or from overhearing about it in the office. She knew because she heard the sound all of you have heard before (from long distances even!)...she heard me laughing. Yes, the very identifiable sound of joy and humor from my body. She walked in...with a huge grin...telling me how she knew that laugh (even just after a month of knowing me!) and knew I had to be around. Then she said something I don't think I ever realized before about myself. She said, "you are always laughing." We are always our own worst critics and I usually see myself as a "glass half empty" kind o' gal...but for some unknown reason, I AM always laughing. Its one of my favorite things to do...I want it to be a part of everything I do...maybe I don't know myself quite well enough. Just maybe, I am a more positive person than I give myself credit for.
Some people have had to "get used" to my laugh...some miss it when it isn't around too often...some people identify me by the sound of it...but all I know is that I love life when it's a constant compainion of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment