Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm in Heaven...

Yesterday was such a happy day! I went up on the mountain, finally. It was snowing, so the visability was low, but I skied for about 3 hours. Oh, I loved it. I have been bitten by the ski bug, definitely. Every time that I had gone in Utah and California, I enjoyed myself, so I didn't imagine that I would all of a sudden hate it. But I wasn't sure how much I would remember of how to actually ski or if I would want to do it often. Yeah, no worries…I am hooked. And because of the free life pass and owning my own gear, I can go whenever I want! That is a great feeling. My calves are talking to me today….so sore. My sister is going to be in town this week and she is taking a beginner lesson and then has a 2-day lift pass. I will go up with her for some of those 2 days. I am so excited about that…and it should be a great way to spend some time with her. We can help each other get off our asses when we fall! She is such a natural athlete that I am sure she will pick it up quickly. But her being a CA girl now, I don't know how she will do with the cold! Haha…she'll kill me for that comment!

For all those that have never experienced skiing…I recommend. Come visit me…it's worth it, I promise! The thrill of going down the mountain, the solitude on the mountain, the beauty of nature all around you. Nothing quite like it…

No comments: