Saturday, December 02, 2006

Birds of Prey World Cup

I just wanted to post some photos I took at the Birds of Prey World Cup ski race held here at Beaver Creek. It is the only men's World Cup race in North America...pretty damn special, actually. The most amazing thing is that my parent organization, Vail Valley Foundation, runs this event. Haha! So, I got a VIP access pass. I went on Thursday and saw some of the Super Combined Races. Tomorrow I am going to see some slalom races. It is kind of cool.

Oh, and also, last night the Vilar Center was the venue for a USSA dinner/wine tasting. Got to meet many of the top USA skiers. Pretty damn cool...not that I know who any of them are! But I will definitely be learning while living here... :)

So, here are the pictures...


A racer coming into the finish line...don't even ask me who it is!


A pic of some of the mountain and the spectator stand with the flags of all the participants.


Snow covered trees on the mountain. It was like 5 degrees this day...absolutely freezing, but sure is beautiful.


Me and my coworkers (Jen, Martha, then me!). Yes, that is our "uniform"...can you tell?!


A last pic of mountain...and the bottom of the finish line...

No comments: