Blogging...oh where, oh where did you go????
I was reminded today that I have not blogged in quite some time. I have been remiss...
But what to blog? I have no idea at all, so I guess I will just type and see what comes out.
Hmmmmm....
I went back to the mountains of Colorado over the first weekend in February and I had an absolute blast. I skied for 3 days straight. Surprisingly, my legs survived three straight days...and I am very glad to report my skiing improved by leaps and bounds (I haven't skiied since which probably means I just regressed back to my green hills-self!). I got to ski with a great friend who gave me a bit of a lesson (learned a lot!). Hit the mountain with Dave and Karen...and the embarrassment, it was complete! I would like to say, go get them to tell the story, cause it is wholly mortifying, but only a few of you know them. So, I guess the story will go to my grave with me!!!! Let's just say, on my ass twice in a lift line...ugh!
But I really loved being back up in the Vail Valley...seeing my friends and just having a blast. And props go out to Dave and his roomies for putting me up for my visit...4-star accommodations!!! (ok, not quite, but putting up with me for 4 days and chauffeuring me around...that deserves a nod!).
Hmmmm....what else...
Dinner party this weekend at my house...it has dominated the head space for the past couple of weeks. I finally got my new couch...woohoo!...and its red...craziness... So, I can finally have more than one person over...so I am entertaining. As most of you know, I have gone crazy and planned so much cooking. But, I love learning new recipes, trying different themes, making my friends' tummies very very happy. It's what I do! And everyone absolutely loves it, so why would I ever contemplate not doing it? All those myspacers that will attend can pass along their indictment next week. We will see who goes home happy...and not just because of the high amounts of alcohol being consumed!
The movies I have seen...I love being back in the city. I get to see so much and I love it! The biggest excitement was going to the National Archives this past weekend and seeing the Oscar nominated live action and animated shorts. The short film is really quite a unique genre in American cinema...well, actually very few are actually American, so I guess it is an anomaly in film that most Americans don't take part in. Anyway, I digress...this is not a lecture on film...this is a blog!! It was great to go down and get to partake. No mind-blowing shorts that I have to share, but nonetheless a recent highlight. And as a sidenote to that...it was great being back in the District, walking among the monuments, etc. It is a beautiful place...
A final note to my loyal readers...nothing earth shattering like I am having quintuplets or anything...just that I really love my co-workers!!! I have 7 coworkers working in the same actual office space with me, all within spitting distance (and definitely within earshot) and I am having a blast with them!!! And everyone that I work with...makes my days happy ones even when I am in meetings 7 hours in one day!!! I came to this job pretty blind (phone interview only...no face to face time at all!) and I have reaped some pretty damn great fringe benefits (out of the gutter ladies and gentlemen!)...I totally recommend working somewhere that has awesome people slogging with you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment