I have lived here for almost 2 weeks now. And I haven't cried once. I think I should get an award for that! I only staved off tears when my dad was leaving ...otherwise I haven't even had the urge to cry. I am really surprised...really. I am a crier...as many of you know all too well. I am not good at keeping emotion bottled up. So, either I have gained a new skill (which would not be a good skill to obtain) or I am doing good. I am going to choose option B.
There are so many people that I miss, really I do. I think of many of you often. And some of you get bugged by me via Instant Messenger...not giving you much opportunity to miss me! :-) But it has been really nice having my own place and I am still emptying a few boxes, moving stuff around. And my lack of communication with some of you isn't at all personal. I have exceeded my cell phone minutes for this month and I didn't want to make it worse. And with the two hour time difference, calling at 11 pm EST doesn't sound like such a good idea. But tomorrow starts a new month! I will be calling like mad!
I have been to a couple of work-related social events which has gotten me out of the house. Mind you, most of the attendees are older and not at all my social scene, but at least I am making small strides to getting out of the house. My first day of work, we had a party at the CEO's house...got to know more of my co-workers at the parent organization. Tonight I got on the freeway for the first time in like 10 days. I probably have driven all of 25 miles in that 10 day span too! I am really saving on gas! Yeah, life in a small town is well, small. I am sure I will go further afield as my social life starts to sprout a bit, but right now, life revolves around this little town of Avon.
One big eye opener here in Avon is the Latino population. Hey, Zimri...you can visit, your people are here!!! You know, I am joking...seriously! But I am very surprised at how large the community is. And also, I will probably interact more with the Latino population here than any other place I lived (even So Cal) because it is such a small town. Everyone shops at Wal-Mart and the City Market (grocery store). I live right above an "authentic" Mexican restaurant which is right next to a Mexican grocery store. I think if I put some effort into it, my Mexican cooking could really skyrocket living here! It just wasn't something that I expected in the middle of the mountains in Colorado.
My time at Wally World has gotten bad though. I have probably been there more times in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 10 years of my life. It is a must and just a convenience since it is all of a mile away. Believe you me, when I get a chance to go to Silverthorne (30 min away), I will got to Target, but in the meantime, Wally is my store! Someone come save me... ;-)
I am going to start taking a yoga class...it is actually offered free through my work. Not bad. And all you skiers out there...this tidbit is for you. I get a VIP pass to the World Cup Birds of Prey race that is put on by my parent organization. It is the only men's World Cup race in N. America and I can go to whatever I want for free!!!! How really cool is that?
I tried to buy my first set of skis this weekend...oh, they are expensive and its just so dang hard to figure everything out when you know nothing about any of it! At least the ski companies have narrowed it down for us ladies...they make skis specifically designed for women. That cuts out almost 2/3 of the possibilities! Yeah! Now I just have to struggle with the other 1/3... Hopefully, by the end of Thanksgiving weekend, I will be a real girl...a real ski girl that is!
Ok, my ramblings about absolutely nothing important really should come to an end. I mean, you have sat through me just going on and on about random, weird stuff in my life. Yeah, it might seem more interesting because I am doing it in the Vail Valley of Colorado...well, yeah, it is more interesting! I could describe how I went grocery shopping, but just knowing it is in the mountains...its cool! I do dream well, don't I?!
Stay tuned for my adventures to the big city...will she be able to survive Thanksgiving in gasp...Denver...now that she has acclimated to the small town life? Will she be overwhelmed by the shopping options? The people...oh, the people...how will our heroine, Mischa, survive? Stay tuned for the next installment of The Chronicles of MischaBelle!
So very corny...however have you put up with me for this long?!
No comments:
Post a Comment