I had been in town only 2 weeks when I took my first trip to the big city...Denver! My friend Emilie lives there and she invited me to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with her and her family. I had racked up a list of errands to do in Denver anyway, so I thought it would be a great idea. I only had less than 2 days to be there, but I just wanted to see a friendly face. I hit traffic going through the mountain pass (how could that be...it was so insane) because of an accident and it took be over 3 hours to make an 110 mile drive). That didn't make me happy at all...but its the only road down, so you make do.
When I drove into the city, I felt like a little girl going to the big city for the first time. My eyes got big with all of the restaurants and stores. Oh my...I was just amazed. See, this is what happens to someone that has the options of Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Office Depot, Sports Authority and Pier 1 Imports. Yeah, there are a lot of little shops, but who can afford to shop there. Even with my very sizable raise, I can't afford it! I really was amazed at how excited I was to see all of it. Mind you, I don't think I am unhappy with living in this little town at this point, I just think I will be going to Denver regularly to have the world of convenience that I am used to. And, actually, over time, I might need it less and less. I just have to get up on some skis and I think that will fill a bit more time!
On the ski note, I am trying to get some skis, but still haven't successfully found a good deal on the ones I want. I am hoping that this week I will be the proud owner of a pair, so maybe next weekend I can hit the slopes. I really want to take advantage before everyone shows up here. This is a "slower" time for the resorts, before Christmas holiday. And I have to take a lesson before I really hit the slopes. Oh, and I have asked for snowshoes for Christmas. I have heard it is a lot of fun and very easy. So, why not get outside a bit more and enjoy the beautiful country. I am learning that the outdoors is life here and I need to start taking part!
I have digressed from my Thanksgiving message...but I guess the rest isn't that exciting. Had a nice holiday with my friend and her family and then got up way too early on Black Friday to get a cheap laptop, but never got the cheap laptop...store minimums are a bitch when you are number 20 in line! I got a free label maker! Exciting times... Then it was back to work on Friday.
I wish I had more exciting things to talk about...I finally got my wireless network up...so I can move all around my very large (750 sq feet) condo...if I didn't work for WT on the side, I wouldn't care, but I fall asleep to easily doing work in my bed. That is not the way to make extra money! Well, I guess there are some that find ways to make money with their computer in their bed, but well, that's not my line of work!!
I will try to take some pictures this week of the mountains. It is finally going to snow all week, so I should be able to take some good pics of the snow covered mountains, with the pine trees all aglow with Christmas lights. We haven't had snow for like two weeks. I WILL NOT HAVE A BROWN CHRISTMAS...I live in the mountains for pete's sake!!! I will WILL it to happen, do not doubt me!
No comments:
Post a Comment