This really isn't anything special or earth-shattering, but sometimes you are brought back to realizations that you have had before and yet, have forgotten.
I will never proclaim to be knowing about music, cause I'm not. I don't even really follow the releases of some of my favorite artists. I just kind of stumble onto their new music and have a very happy moment... mini-Christmas. I dabble in different types of music, usually after someone has given in a plug or if I am in an adventurous mood and ask for some new stuff. And I tend to just listen to those that do know music and absorb what they have to say (so I can sound half-way intelligent the next musical conversation I have!). But enough retarded background info that I feel that needs to be stated (even when it is clearly unnecessary to my point!)...
Tonight I remembered how much music really affects my moods and helps me feel my emotions. Yeah, not a major revelation, but sometimes you just forget simple things like that. Of course, I sing to my music (doesn't everyone at some point...), so my emotions just come out of me while I sing. And we all know (as FOM--Friends of Michelle) I need to let those emotions out and often do so to you!!! Music also brings back memories...good, bad and the ugly. Laugh time: still remember reading a Mary Higgins Clark book when I was 14 and singing to Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth blasting on my powder blue tape player. Or hearing Walking on Sunshine blarring out of my brother's room across the hall, filling me with joy (one of my favorite songs of all time...it IS my feel good song!). Now, you (the reader) might be commenting on my choice of music...cut it out!!! That's not the point. THE POINT IS how the music makes you feel and changes your outlook and allows you to emote. I just haven't taken advantage of this amazing gift in a long time and I am glad that I took the time tonight to revisit some old friends (a little I Believe by Blessid Union of Souls), found some new friends (Vienna Tang) and felt some hope (We Are the World--my favorite song...I do a great rendition...call me to entertain at any function!).
No comments:
Post a Comment