A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to return to the sunny land of California. It had been over 2 years since my last visit and now that I live much closer to the land of palms, I figured it was time. My parents had been wanting me to visit for some time and so for all of these reasons (and more I won't bore you with), I found the flight and made it work.
I originally thought it would just be a visit to San Diego (where my parents reside), but I had not seen my sis' new condo and so a visit to the OC was necessary. Well, then I found out that my friend, Larry, who lives in Germany, was going to be in Orange County for the Saturday of my visit. Michelle now goes into planning mode. How do we maximize the visit and make everyone relatively happen and completely wear myself out? I'VE GOT IT!
I will book a flight that leaves Denver at 7:10 am on Saturday. Now to some that seems like a reasonable flight time, right? Let's remember that I live 2 hours away from that airport! Yup, I got up at the lovely time of 2:45 am (!) to get to the airport for my flight. At least it is a direct flight. Let's have my sister pick me up, drive me to the OC, look at her condo for 2 seconds, take a shower (give a girl a break...not gonna take a shower at 2:45 in the morning!), and get ready. What am I getting ready for, might you ask?
My drive up to Northern Orange County to meet Larry so we can drive up to LA for the Dodgers/Cubs game!!!! Again, seems simple enough...yeah, no. Then let's get stuck in at least 15 miles of traffic on the 5 and get to Dodgers Stadium (paying $15 to park!) at the top of the 5th! Yeah...good times! The Cubs has already scored their 4 runs...we at least got to see the Dodgers score a couple and the Cubs did win. And of course, there was beer!!! Larry kept this girl well supplied and also bought very nice tickets, so I actually followed the game and enjoyed! No one is more shocked by this admission than me! The game portion of the story must end with the continued traffic on the 5 coming home too...I was missing my mountain small town at this point!
After the game, it was back down to southern Orange County and dinner with my sis. (Now let's review though...how much sleep have I gotten? Answer: 3.5 hours; how long have I been awake at this point? 18 hours. How much alcohol did I consume...that makes me utterly tired after the buzz? 4-5 beers). Ok, armed with this knowledge...yeah, Mischa is dead tired. My poor sister had a lousy date! Good thing she loves me dearly and got to spend the rest of the weekend with me.
Ok, this has gotten into so much detail, you guys are probably dead tired. I will speed this up! The rest of the weekend included shopping, shopping and oh yeah, shopping! I do so miss that living up here in the mountains, so my sis and mom and I did some damage. I took an early Father's Day hike with my dad which was fun times. We went to Point Loma (peninsula of San Diego where a lot of military is and a national monument site), did the hike, went down to the tide pools and stood in the ocean. I love spending time with Daddy-o! I went to see Pirates 3 with the parentals and it was okay. Nothing to write home about or see again. Could have been worse though...a lot worse! And last but not least, I laid out in the sun and got burned in 45 minutes. Let's just say a lot of men were staring at my chest yesterday and it wasn't because of my more than adequate rack... Still smarting from that little venture, but I will be tan soon enough!
My last little adventure of the trip was my return drive. I decided that I wanted to spend as much time with the fam as I could, so I took a late flight Tuesday night. Well, hail decided to hit Denver and of course, delayed my already late flight. I got to my car to start my 2 hour drive at 1 am!!! Yeah, this girl just doesn't seem to like to do this the easy way ever.
I really enjoyed my trip down south and found that I had missed the good ol' state of California. Gotta make sure to visit more often and of course, visit In-n-Out more often (2 times this trip!!!). I'll post some pics when I get them from my Dad.
1 comment:
OMG i'm tired just reading about your trip! i'm stupid after 6 hours of sleep...can't imagine trying to be coherent after your first night! give me some pointers - opera madness starts tomorrow night.
Post a Comment