Monday, June 18, 2007

Simply a Good Day

You know how you feel when you have just had a good day...just simply that...not extraordinarily unique, not shout from the highest mountain...just a wonderfully simple good day? That is how I feel right now. Did I do anything amazing or out of the ordinary? No. Did I just enjoy a day doing mundane life stuff that just simply made me happy? YES!!!!! I will prove nothing amazing transpired...just good.

  • Started the day at 7:30 am. (Yeah, no longer can sleep in, but what can you do?)
  • Made spice muffins from scratch (first time I have baked in a while...felt so good!)
  • Slipped back into bed to read a bit...fell a sleep for a wee nap.
  • Showered, dressed in a simple sun dress, got ready, ate lunch.
  • Walked the Vail Farmer's Market, finding only 3 "farmers" stands, but got some yummy tomatoes, corn and pea pods!
  • Went to Blockbuster to pick up a few new movies (Blood Diamond and Little Children)
  • Stopped at Home Depot and Wal-Mart for some flowers, plants, supplies and dirt!
  • Called my Dad...it is Father's Day!!!!
  • Had some juicy watermelon for a treat.
  • Walked to the library, returned some books and got a couple of new ones (a novel set during the Bubonic Plague and O, Pioneers!)
  • Walked to our local lake, sat in the grass, under the bright blue sky and sun, read a few chapters of O, Pioneers!
  • Came home, made dinner (BLT and corn on the cob...wonderfully delightful)!.
  • Played in the dirt, planting all of my new flowers! (which I will probably kill, but it is nice to have other life in the condo with me!)
  • Talked with my sister.
  • Watched Blood Diamond.
Not one amazing or life altering event today. Just a lot of little things that brought joy. Maybe I could have more days like this if I just let them be and be happy with the smallest things in life. Sometimes I really think I get in my own way. Not today...just a simply wonderful day! Hope you have one too!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love days like that. Where you feel like you get a lot accomplished, yet you also get to relax and enjoy the day! I'm hoping this weekend will be like that for me.

P.S. I miss you. We went to Wolftrap last night...it's just not the same without you!