If there was one movie that I would have put on the list of "Definitely Not Seeing" it would have been Superbad. The coming of age story of "can the classic nerdy, socially inept guys lose their virginity before they graduate?" really just is not up my alley. So, what happened last week? I went and saw Superbad. In my defense, a guy asked me to go and paid for it...it wasn't totally my choice.
The most surprising part of this situation is that is really was pretty damn funny. I am shocked and amazed, but I have to freely admit that a good portion of the movie did move me to laugh. Is it cinema at its best? Clearly not...it dropped f--- over 200 times (more than Scarface), it has more hand drawn pictures of penises than any one person really needs to see, and who really needs to watch the blood on the pants scene. But laugh I did. It dips about 45 minutes into it and doesn't pick up again until the last few minutes, but I do not regret spending some time watching it. Superbad wasn't as bad as I thought...imagine that.
1 comment:
Ok, what I want to know, how was the guy??? Call me!
Post a Comment