(I know for some of you, this is just a repeat of an email...but I wanted to make sure all of my readers heard the good news!)
About a year ago, I made the decision to move to the Vail Valley of Colorado to become a General Manager of a performing arts center. I was very excited about the opportunity and very excited to be out west. As some of you know, it has been a tough year professionally for me. I have struggled on so many levels, I cannot even come close to listing them all. But I had forged ahead, maying the best of the situation.
About two months ago, I made a decision. I couldn't continue my life, struggling along. I needed to find a way out of the situation. Because I have moved so many times in my adult life, I also decided that I couldn't blaze a new trail again. My 32 year old body and spirit couldn't start over again. Not now. So, after a lot of soul searching, I decided that I wanted to dedicate myself to creating a home in the Washington, D.C. area (aka...I am hoping to not being writing a "moving" email to all of you again for a long time to come...well, at least not a moving out of the DC area email, but hopefully a "i've finally grown up and own something" email!). I know, I left the DC area last year for a lot of reasons. Sometimes you need to leave something to realize what you had.
Today I accepted the position of Project Manager (Product Development) at a well established online curriculum development company. I will be managing projects pertaining to building online contents for grades K-12. The kicker of this whole email is that I will start this position on NOVEMBER 12th! Yes, in just two short weeks, I will move my life and myself to DC again! They offered a sizeable bonus for me to start in that short time, so I decided it was worth the extra money to shorten my stay here in the Vail Valley.
I will miss some good friends, the skiing, and one of the most beautiful places on Earth. But I will regain a life that I have yearned for over the past few months and a job that I feel ready to tackle. My Dad is famous (at least in the family) for saying, "learn something new everyday." I am very excited to say I am going to get that opportunity once again in my new job.
I will be moving into some corporate housing for a couple of weeks when I first move to DC, so I will not have a new address right away. Once I have found some housing, I will definitely give everyone my new address. My phone will ever stay the same.
I am very excited to start this new chapter of my life. Thank you all for your support and love throughout the past year. Oh, and all that live in the DC area...expect a Welcome Home dinner party come January (I know that's really why you love me!).
No comments:
Post a Comment