I am laying here in bed, waiting to go to work. Nothing really to do, nothing really to say. I am just a bit bored, but in a good way. The temperatures have dropped dramatically in the last week. We are now in the high 30's during the day and low 20's at night. We are getting snow in the mornings before the temperature rises just high enough to turn it to rain in the late morning. So, this morning is my first morning of cold temperatures and flurries in the air and I love being just cozied up in my bed covers up to my chin, just being snuggly while the weather is cold and a bit dreary outside. You know what I am talking about, right? All I am missing is a cup of hot cocoa and really that is just because I am too lazy to go stand in front of the stove and heat some up.
We haven't had a good snow yet, but I think it might be coming in the next week or so. Getting used to these very odd seasons is a bit of an adjustment for me. This past weekend I busted out the winter wardrobe...washed the sweaters and the snow pants and all. And it is only mid-October! As the rest of the country has been dealing with a heat wave, we are getting hunkered down for the snow coming!
I am getting excited though...ski season is only about a month away!!! Yeah, I am getting excited. Last year I only got on the mountain about 9 or 10 times. This year I am changing that! I am gonna try to ski at least once a week if not 2 or 3 times a week. It's gonna be a challenge, but I really want to take advantage of my benefits here...I haven't done that enough and I have really regretted it. Especially now that I have friends that I can go do stuff with...watch out!
And I definitely need to start snowshoeing. Yeah, I can hear some of my readers snickering right now...snowshoeing??? Yeah, its hiking in the winter...that's it, that's all. They actually have 5k's for snowshoeing out here and that isn't a leisurely hike. That is literally running in snowshoes! Now that is crazy insane (I don't like to run generally, why would I do it in 10 degree weather with big "mitts" on my feet!). But to go out and do a good hearty snowshoe, that sounds just great. You know the feeling of going out in the middle of winter, in the woods, just the complete silence of sound and movement...oh, that is such an amazing feeling.
I really do love winter...it is my favorite season. And up here it is gorgeous. Having snow until June...that just doesn't seem natural, but what can you do when you live in the mountains? Not much. I really do hope that I take better advantage this year, getting out into nature instead of spending too much time working or at home. It's my resolution for this season...I really hope I attain it.
And my standing offer...come visit...come see what is amazing about the mountains. If you ski...you know why you would want to come...some of the best snow in the US! If you don't, come snowshoeing or snowman making or snowball fighting or sleigh riding or just seeing more stars than you will ever see in your life again. My place is always open for visitors and I cherish my time with those that I love. As we all know, until April, I am pretty much hibernating up here cause of work. So come visit little ol' me in my winter wonderland!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment