I am sitting in my office at 11:00 pm, waiting for a special champagne dinner to end (so I can help clean up!), sipping champagne and eating some Pop-Secret popcorn. I am trying to have will power and not go eat the fabulous free dinner at 11:00 pm at night. The chocolate cheesecake that is just sitting there for my enjoyment. No, my 100-calorie pack of popcorn is my friend. Yeah, yeah...the weakness...the champagne. But how many offers of nice champagne do you get?!
I have nothing witty or amazing to tell you about. So, a random assortment of my deep thoughts will have to do. (the popcorn makes me philosophical).
-Barry Bonds and the homeruns...yea, rah, yea, he made it. He has taken the record from Aaron. The bastard stole it from the hero. Has he attained it completely unfairly?--yes. Did MLB do anything about it?--no. 1 + 1 then = 2. Does he deserve the coverage?--yes. OJ probably did commit murder back in the 90's, but guess what...he is still a free man and always will be. Barry Bonds will be the reigning king of the homerun ball until someone else has learned to dope even more ingeniously. Case closed, end of story.
-The Midwest in the summertime...is beautiful! I spent the weekend in Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago and it was low 80's all weekend. I went to Detroit last weekend for a wedding and it was gorgeous, even getting a bit nipply on a rainy morning. I obviously need to spend more time in the Midwest during the summer. I have judged it unfairly. (yeah, that champagne is kickin in!!!)
-Grandpa update...he has his prosthetic leg and is doing great!! He has been able to visit our land up in the UP. He can get in and out of the car and is transferring from his wheelchair into a seat like a pro. Now that is a happy 90th birthday! We were all scared he wouldn't make it to this point, so I just have to say how happy I am for him!!! He is such an inspiration to me...
-Tomatoes!! I decided to attempt to have a green thumb this summer and actually potted a couple of tomato plants. I love, love, love tomatoes and homegrown are the best. So, why not give it a shot. Well, I have had a few green ones sitting there for weeks and was getting discouraged that they would ever turn red. I am ecstatic to report that today, one turned a lovely shade of putrid greeny-orange. Yeah, you were expecting me to say red...gotcha! But I have no doubt in a day or two I will have a red, ripe cherry tomato to pop in my mouth. Woohoo!
You know, kettle corn and champagne aren't that bad together. You don't believe me, I know...I wouldn't either. But its better than gaining the weight I am trying so hard to lose...so it will do for tonight. How is it that I am in a good mood after working 12 hours? I don't ask these things...I just accept it as a little gift. Everyone...smile!!!! I am!
1 comment:
hey! hoping you're still in a good mood - i had a day very like yours yesterday...2am rolls around and you think "Damn, I'm still at work. But somehow it's OK." Good for you. And good wishes for your Grandpa - sounds like lots of great progress!
Post a Comment